Strategies of the program
- Establish and strengthen partnership and networking with multiple stakeholders
- Train and capacitate partners, parents, and community members
- Promote inclusions of disadvantageous groups: people with disability and refugee children
- Create a child-friendly conducive school environment.
- Promote life skills of children particularly for school girls
- Addressing target through satellite services via clustered schools
Key tools & approaches
- Star School Model – is a comprehensive model to improve school learning, teaching, management, school environment, and community participation. This approach has about ten modules provided by high-level expertise in two years a long time. It has five pillars.
- Safe learning environment
- School management
- Classroom Filming– it is a practical assessment of teachers capability in the provision of learning; and analysis of the practice indicates problems and the intervention direction
- AKVo flow /Edu.Q card/is an innovative technology that uses an app to assess the level of school in various components with the involvement of the school community, parents, education expertise, and program person.
- SLSSH (Student Lead School Sanitation and Hygiene) – it is an approach in which students in school establish clubs and lead their school sanitation and hygiene activities
- Aflatoun – Social and Financial Education of children training Modules.
- EDU-Q Card is a newly developed school-based instrument ( app) built upon the main principles of the Star school model.
- AFL – Assessment for Learning(AFL) practical training manual
- SMT- School Management Training manual
- ATL – Active Teaching and learning